Counting My Blessings

14:15 Unknown 0 Comments

A long time ago I used to be that girl... The one who didn't smile, who didn't see anything good in anything or anyone; the critical one. But somewhere along the line things changed, not things that happened per se but my perspective about life changed. I started to count my blessings.

 I never had a perfect family but hey who does? I never had that many friends so I could hardly share my fears with them. I wasn't particularly close to any aunt or uncle. I just kept holding it all in. I complained about everything, I took my anger out on my family, almost hated them even.

 Then, a chance encounter changed it, I don't really know when or how but I know I changed. Maybe it started with my almost at the brink of death illness or my friendship with someone special or just
my growing up but I changed. I started finding joy in the little things. I got real excited and I didn't allow anyone to bring me down. I got excited about guests coming over, a new movie I just saw, a friendly face, my cousins coming over. It did not matter what it was I was happy. I gave everyone a smile even when I wasn't feeling like it. I realized that when I was down what I really needed was an uplifting smile and a listening ear so I tried to be that.
 Mostly, my circumstances haven't changed, I still don't have a perfect life, perfect family or perfect friends; I still get scared once in a while but I am in a different space now because I have learnt to count my blessings. I realize some other people don't have a family not to talk of a perfect one and some people don't even have someone who wants to listen to them but most importantly some people don't have the joy of having the greatest personage in the universe, Jehovah, as a best friend.
 
So yes keep counting your blessings lovelies.
                                                                                                            Till next time... It's 
                                                                                                                                        Paxxy.

0 comments: