A tribute

14:13 Unknown 0 Comments

So my favorite show in the whole wide world, Rookie Blue, got canceled this year after six amazing seasons. It feels like just yesterday when my younger brother and I stumbled on it while we were Surfing channels.
Rookie Blue has been here through everything; from my first day in a new school to my first friend to my lonely first year in senior school and the graduation... It's been here through everything!   I have shared the joys, pain, fears and heartbreaks of these amazing rookies and their training officers. They have become my family.
Rookie Blue is a story of 5 cops who just got out of the academy and everything they had to learn on the job even though it was pretty difficult to do that with guns but they did it. It was fun watching them grow. I fell in love with every single one of them and 6 years, 2 weddings (yay!), a baby, an upcoming wedding after, I still am. So here is my take on all my favorite characters from the show that kept me together even when everything was falling apart. Here's the rookies and their training officers:

  Andy McNally- Andy is your classic girl; enthusiastic, good natured, fun and unwaveringly optimistic. She's the main character and I loved watching her grow through the years

  Dov Epstein- He is amazingly smart and fast. He'll make such a good detective. Yes, he made some mistakes but he always comes back on top

  Tracy Nash- she is loyal, practical and a hell of a good detective. Her relationship with her son always brings smiles to my face. She's your go to girl for great advice.

 Chris Diaz- Chris is probably the one with the most unresolved issues by the end of the show. I got so mad when he got into drugs and messed up but at least he got over that. I like to think of Chris as the practical, down to earth  rule following rookie and so kind hearted. I will always see him that way.

 Gail Peck- She is what I like to call the old aristocrat. She comes from a long line of cops and she is one tough lady. She is determined, focused and surprisingly kind hearted. Yes she had a lot of growing to do which was heartbreaking most times but she is still a winner (always). 

 Nick Collins- Nick is perfect.. Straight out of the army, sweet, nice and handsome. He is also one of the only rookies who is there without being there. His last relationship with Juliet was fun to watch.

Chloe Price- I fell in love with Chloe from the first day I met her. She is funny, sweet and unrepentantly open. Her interesting dynamics with everyone and her positive energy never fails to brighten my day. Although she wasn't originally part of the rookies she wormed her way into my heart.

Duncan Moore- This stupidly annoying rookie made me love him. By the end of the season, he was a part of the family and I can't believe I will miss him.

 Marlo Cruz- Marlo is the Other woman and as much as I would have loved to hate her I just couldn't. Her strength of will and resilience definitely won me over but that is all you are getting from me, Marlo.

Oliver Shaw- Oliver is my favorite training officer ( TO). He is funny, smart and such a great father figure to all the rookies. He always kept it together and he gives great advice. Thank you for everything Oliver.

Sam Swarek- Sam is tough, smart and a rule breaker. His bad guy good guy personality got to me. He is probably one of the only characters I am truly in love with.

Noelle Williams- I love snarky, smart and kick ass Noelle. She thought the rookies to be tough yet kind.

Luke Callahan- The annoying detective who broke Andy's heart, we forgive you anyways.

 Jerry Barber- Tracy's fallen hero and my personal favorite detective. We miss you, Jerry.

 Frank Best- Who doesn't miss our tough but always loving staff sergeant? I certainly do.
   
 So yes, thank you all for 6 amazing seasons and the best 6 years. The lessons will stay with me forever and so will you all. I will never forget my loving RB family. Love you all!
 If you haven't seen Rookie Blue yet, what are you waiting for? It's the best in town.
                                                                                                              Till next time... It's
                                                                                                                                          Paxxy.
 

0 comments: