The Journey of Feeling

05:17 Unknown 0 Comments

One of my favorite things to do in the world is to read but then even that hasn't always been smooth sailing. Reading has always made me feel, sometimes even a little too much. I feel the pain of the characters, their hurt, every stab of their delicate heart. That is something a good writer does to you. He draws you in until you are neck deep in it and you can't help it.  I have always believed that a book was not just about the beginning or the end but rather it's all about the journey. The excitement, the dash of hopes, the hopeless struggle, the exhilarating victories; they're all part of the journey.
 
 About a year or so ago, I lost my flair for reading, nothing seemed to interest me, I was just drifting and every book lost its sparkle. And I started wondering why and a few months ago I finally discovered why. It was because something happened in my life back then that shocked me so much I wanted to stop feeling, to stop the tears, the pain, the hurt and heartbreak I was going to get from reading. Books are rarely without those because that is just how life is, it is full of ups and downs, victories and defeats, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and books are just a representation of that. 
  
But I also realized that it's not just the heartbreaks that make a book, it's also about the excitement and joy that come from the victories, from knowing it all turned out well. There is no good without bad and the pain that comes from falling gives us the strength to stand up again. It's a journey and it's one we all take day in day out. So yes I started reading again for the same reason I stopped... To feel again!  
    
I hope you never go through so much pain that you don't want to feel  and that even if you have gone through such pain, I hope you have the courage to feel again just like I did.
                                                                                                                           Till next time...it's 
                                                                                                                                                  Paxxy.

0 comments: