Tinglingteen On Air

20:36 Unknown 0 Comments

That moment when tomatoes are now more expensive than apples in Nigeria.  
Good morning, it's 4am right now and I'm writing this on my bed while everyone else is asleep. This is tinglingteenonair and it's your girl Paxxy. 

Today I just want to talk about how this whole tomatoes debacle is affecting us teenagers, like it's not only the adults that are affected at all ( although technically I'm not a teenager but I sure get it). Firstly, there's the fact that there's no more rice and stew ( asin who knew I could  miss it?) and unfortunately it's not just rice and stew,it also includes anything pertaining to tomatoes( which is a lot) even jollof rice is taking the heat. It's like a whole new problem. Secondly, every other thing is also expensive: rice, pepper, tin tomatoes, beans, you name it which leads to the third problem no money in circulation; and when there's no money in circulation, you get cranky parents. 

Cranky parents is a whole new level on it's own. That means you can't do anything wrong else you'll get shouted at, insulted or even get hit ( depending on your parents level of irritation). So basically everything could go wrong just because of an increase in the price of tomatoes. And that's still different from the whole dollar problem with the naira falling everyday, which is also different from the fuel subsidy business ( Like seriously) it's like the list just goes on and on. 

My take on everything is that instead of getting angry and depressed, why not keep a positive attitude. That might not change things but it'll definitely keep you happy after all, that's all you really can do. That'll be all for now, I'll be signing off now ( because I really have got to sleep).  If you've got any contributions tweet me @marianne_sweet and I'll get back to you.
 #tinglingteenonair #justme #teenproblems

0 comments: